The Pizza to Satisfy All Pizza Cravings
1 tablespoon active-dry yeast (1 packet)
1 teaspoon sugar
1/2 cup warm water
2 tablespoons melted vegan butter or vegetable oil
1 to 2 teaspoons salt
2 cups all-purpose flour
tomato sauce, to taste
seasoning (optional; I like to do an Italian seasoning blend)
10 ounces vegan cheese, grated (e.g., Follow Your Heart Gourmet mozzarella)
chopped vegetables, to taste (e.g., onions, mushrooms, green or red peppers, olives, etc.)
1. I always forget this, so please remember, preheat your oven to 425 degrees F!
2. Mix the yeast, sugar, and warm water in a large mixing bowl. Let sit for a couple of minutes or until the mixture appears "frothy."
3. Mix in the melted vegan butter and salt. Then mix in the flour. You will have to adjust this as you go. Two cups should be sufficient for making the dough, but if it still appears to runny or if it is still very sticky (touch the dough with your finger to check) then keep dusting the dough with flour. Knead the dough for several minutes on a well floured surface. It should thicken and firm. Put the dough back into the bowl, cover with a damp towel, and let rise in the fridge for 30 minutes.
4. Remove the dough from the fridge, spread it onto a greased pizza/baking sheet, and shape to your liking. Top in the following order: spread with tomato sauce, dust with seasoning, cover with grated cheese, and add vegetables. If you are concerned that your veggies might fry or burn, coat them lightly with olive oil before adding them to your pizza.
5. Bake the pizza for 10 to 15 minutes, or until the edges turn golden.
Source of recipe: I based this recipe off of a pizza that my boyfriend and I tried at a vegan restaurant in Orlando, Florida. The restaurant was named Ethos, and let me tell you, their pizza was amazing!